Do you want to know what the Best monitors under 250 dollars are? Everywhere, monitors are required. It doesn’t matter if it’s a monitor at work or a backup monitor at home. As a result, using a low-cost monitor is still a wise move. Especially if the monitor costs under $250.
New monitors with higher resolutions and quicker refresh rates are being launched and announced regularly, and their prices are that in accordance. Fortunately, this also means that older equipment is getting less expensive. You don’t have to spend a lot of money on a computer monitor if you just use one for daily activities or games.
You can get a cheap monitor for under $250 that is fast and has a great 4K monitor quality. To assist you in making your choice, we’ve done the research and compiled a list of 7 monitors that are both affordable and feature-rich enough to compete with more expensive models.
Reviews on Top 7 Best Monitors Under 250 Dollars:
Check out our ultimate best gaming monitor guide if you can’t afford expensive monitors.
1. HP 24mh FHD Monitor
Outstanding graphics with a top resolution of 1920 x 1080 at 75 Hz of HP 24mh FHD Monitor, you’ll get the image accuracy and wide-viewing spectrums of quality laptops and mobile devices with this FHD monitor with IPS technology. With less space, more screen with an elegant and ultra-slim build, you’ll have more desk space than you ever imagined.
Color and image transparency are retained through an ultra-wide 178° horizontal and vertical viewing angle, allowing for vivid detail from almost any location. A micro-edge display is a form of display that has an ultra-wide viewing experience that allows for smooth multi-monitor configurations with almost no bezel encircling the image on three sides.
Get the image quality you want without the extra dongles; connect to your PC, games console, and peripherals for big-screen entertainment using a variety of ports, including HDMI, DisplayPort, and VGA. With two built-in 2W speakers.
You can enjoy the amazing sound and more immersive entertainment with a 100mm range of movement, you can easily change your monitor to the most suitable location with a 5° forward or 23° backward tilt, you can customize the screen to your needs.
With an environmentally friendly and energy-efficient monitor backed by HP’s regular 1-year extended warranty, you can rest easy and work confidently.
- OUTSTANDING VISUALS – This FHD display with IPS technology gives you brilliant visuals and unforgettable quality; with a maximum resolution of 1920 x 1080 at 75 Hz, you’ll experience the image accuracy and wide-viewing spectrums of premium tablets and mobile devices
- MORE SCREEN, LESS SPACE – Enjoy more desk space than you thought possible with an attractive and ultra-slim design
- PANORAMIC VIEWING – Vibrant detail from practically any position with consistent color and image clarity maintained across an ultra-wide 178° horizontal and vertical viewing angles
- MICRO-EDGE DISPLAY – With virtually no bezel encircling the display on three sides, an ultra-wide viewing experience provides for seamless multi-monitor setups
- EASY CONNECTIVITY – Get the picture quality you’ve been looking for without the additional dongles; easily connect to your PC, gaming console, and peripherals for big-screen entertainment with a broad range of ports, including HDMI, DisplayPort, and VGA ports
- BUILT-IN SPEAKERS – Experience incredible sound and more immersive entertainment with two built-in 2W speakers
- LOW BLUE LIGHT – Put less strain on your eyes as a Low Blue Light mode shifts colors to a warmer spectrum and makes whites more natural
- HEIGHT ADJUSTMENT – Easily adjust your display to the most comfortable position with 100mm range of travel
- TILTABLE SCREEN – Adjust the screen to your personal preference with a 5° forward or 23° backward tilt
- WARRANTY AND SUSTAINABILITY – Rest easy and work confidently with an environmentally conscious and energy-efficient monitor, backed by HP standard 1-year limited warranty
2. ASUS VG 245H
The ASUS VG245H Full HD gaming display has an ultra-fast 1ms response time and a 75Hz refresh rate, making it ideal for console gaming and eSports. It also includes GameFast Input Technology and two HDMI ports with low input latency, enabling you to experience super smooth graphics when connecting to 2 devices.
Dual HDMI ports enable you to connect your game console and another HDMI device at the same time, eliminating the need to plug and unplug your devices regularly. Furthermore, the VG245H’s stand features a clever cable management design that lets you organize and conceal cables to keep your gaming area clean.
AMD FreeSync technology eliminates screen tearing and choppy frame rates to give you flawless graphics and smooth action in first-person shooters, racing, real-time strategy, and various eSports games. Blue light from monitors can also trigger eye strain, headaches, and sleep problems. To overcome this, the new ASUS Low Blue Light Monitors have an OSD menu with four separate Blue Light Filter levels for normal to darkened conditions.
- 1ms response time Featuring ASUS game Fast input technology and dual HDMI ports for a smooth console gaming experience
- ASUS Eye Care technology with flicker-free and blue light filter to minimize eye fatigue
- Ergonomic stand with full height/tilt/swivel/pivot adjustments to accommodate any desk
- Exclusive Game Visual & GAME plus functions to enhance color performance and control
- Free Sync/Adaptive Sync technology with 75 Hz refresh rate for a tear-free experience with AMD Radeon GPU
3. Sceptre Curved C275B-1858RN
The 1800R Curved FHD (1920 x 1080) monitor is slim and offers an immersive viewing experience. During quick action scenes, a 165Hz refresh rate and a 3ms response time would increase image quality. The addition of AMD FreeSync Premium compatibility would smooth out your image even further.
AMD FreeSync Premium encourages gamers to hit the ultimate goal by boosting frame rates to at least 120Hz at 1080P FHD resolution and providing low latency to avoid visible data processing delays. Built-in speakers provide solid and clear audio while saving space on your desk, making them ideal for work and gaming environments.
Edgeless Bezel all over the entire panel immerses you in all the captivating action and marvelous scenery of 1080P resolution and 144Hz. No matter where you sit in the room, the 1800R degree curved layout immerses you in all of the action. Blue Light Shift lowers blue light, making it easier to operate, watch, or play games without straining the eyes.
The VESA wall mount pattern allows you to place your monitor in the best possible viewing spot, remove cable clutter, and conserve room for your gaming and workstation. You will find a sweet spot that balances visibility and convenience with a display that tilts 15 degrees backward and 5 degrees forward.
- Monitor Design - Our Slim 1800R Curved FHD (1920 x 1080) display provides a immersive picture
- Display Performance - A 165hz refresh rate and a 3ms response time will improve clarity on your picture during fast action scenes. AMD FreeSync Premium compatibility will make your picture even smoother.
- Picture Quality - 95% sRGB Color Gamut and 16.7 Million Color Depth will show all of your content with clarity and color accuracy
- Ports - 2 HDMI, 1 DP, and 3.5mm Audio In/Out allow you to connect whatever devices you need
4. SAMSUNG Business S24R650FDN SR650
With a broad viewing angle and a resolution of 1920×1080, the 23. 8″ IPS Panel with 75Hz refresh rate provides clean, breathtaking photos. On every desk, the sleek and slim bezel-less style stands out. The monitor comes with a fully flexible stand with tilt, swivel, height, and pivot adjustments, as well as 100×100 VESA support for mounting it on a wall or in a multi-monitor system.
Flexible networking options include HDMI, DisplayPort, and VGA, as well as a built-in USB hub with two USB 2. 0 ports and two USB 3. 0 ports, allowing you to connect any of your peripherals without reaching under your desk or behind your monitor. The IPS panel maintains color vibrancy and transparency throughout the entire screen. With no color wash, work easily on the productivity-boosting large monitor and see correct tones and colors from 178 degrees all over.
For the ultimate in daily flexibility, a superior design is needed. You can swivel, rotate, and pivot the height-adjustable display to see your work in whatever position you choose. The VESA-compatible design brings a bit of charm to your office interior and makes installation convenient.
- 23. 8" 1920x1080 IPS Panel with 75Hz refresh rate delivers crisp, stunning images with a wide viewing angle. Color Support : 16.7M.
- Sleek and slim bezelless design stands out on any desk. A fully adjustable stand with tilt, swivel, height, and pivot adjustment provides the best in ergonomic comfort, while 100x100 VESA support allows you to mount the monitor on a wall or in a multi-monitor setup
- Flexible connectivity options including HDMI, DisplayPort, and VGA, along with a built-in USB hub featuring 2 USB 2. 0 ports and 2 USB 3. 0 ports making it easy to connect all your peripherals without having to reach under your desk or behind your computer
- Eye Saver Mode and Flicker Free technology help to reduce eye strain for a more comfortable work experience, even during long work hours.
- 3-Year business with extended warranties available for purchase
5. Lenovo G24-10
With the 23.6-inch Full-HD Lenovo G24-10 display, you will enjoy excellent visuals. This gaming display has been specifically designed for entertainment, and it is ideal for E-Sport matches and all gaming conditions. This full-HD (1920 x 1080) TN panel display fascinates with a high 144 Hz refresh rate for smoother gameplay and a 1ms response time in intense mode, making it ideal for uninterrupted games.
The G24 features NVIDIA G-SYNC compatible technology, which reduces motion blur and increases visual visibility for longer, more enjoyable gaming sessions. Every session and game will be elevated, and it will be done in comfort.
With an anti-glare display and low blue light output to reduce eye pressure, the G24 gaming monitor keeps you relaxed even after long hours in front of the display. The Lenovo G24 display also comes with a 100 x 100 mm VESA mount, HDMI 1.4 and DP 1.2 ports, and audio quality, making it an excellent option for E-Sport gamers.
- This 23.6 TN FHD Panel is fast and responsive - 144Hz Refresh Rate, 1ms Response Time
- Engineered with NVIDIA G-SYNC compatible* technology to eliminate motion blur and improve visual clarity
- Made for gaming comfort – Anti-glare screen, TÜV Rheinland Eye Comfort, low blue light output
- 100x100mm VESA mountable, -5° / 22° (front/back) tilt angle
- The G24 gaming monitor offers essential connectivity features with HDMI 1.4 and DP 1.2 ports, plus audio output
6. HP VH240a
With the nearly borderless HP VH240a 23.8-Inch panel featuring an ergonomic stand, built-in speakers, and an ultra-slim build at a competitively low price, you can get the most out of your time at home or the workplace. 5ms response time with hyperdrive for a clear picture with no motion blur. Integrated audio speakers deliver excellent sound quality for your material that is 2 watts per channel.
The VH240a features a 178° positional viewing angle for the highest output no matter where you are, making it ideal for projects that require portrait and landscape mode screen rotation. You may also use a 100m VESA mounting pattern on the back of the monitor arm to mount the monitor on a wall or arm frame. With the included HDMI cable, connect your Windows, Mac, or any laptop with an HDMI connection.
With 3-sided slim bezels, a small and almost frameless ultra-widescreen display allows for a smooth multi-monitor setup. VGA and HDMI with HDCP connectivity for laptops or multi-monitor setups, with AC power and HDMI cable. For laptop connectivity, plug-and-play is available for all operating systems, including Windows and Mac OS.
- RESOLUTION & PANEL — 23.8-inch Full HD monitor (1920 x 1080p at 60 Hz) with 16:9 aspect ratio and an anti-glare matte IPS LED-backlit panel (2 million pixels, 16.7 million colors)
- RESPONSE TIME — 5ms with overdrive for a smooth picture that looks crisp and fluid without motion blur
- BUILT-IN SPEAKERS — Integrated audio speakers provide great sound for your content (2 watts per channel)
- THIN BEZEL-LESS FRAME — A thin and virtually frameless ultra-widescreen monitor provides a seamless multi-monitor set-up with 3-sided narrow bezels
- 4-WAY ERGONOMIC VIEWING — 90° rotation for horizontal (landscape) and vertical (portrait) viewing modes, adjustable height and tilt (-5° to 30°), and 178° positional viewing for the best quality at any angle
- VESA MOUNTING — Mount the display on walls or brackets with a 100m VESA mounting pattern (mounting bracket not included)
- CONNECTIVITY — VGA and HDMI with HDCP support for laptop or multi-monitor setups. INCLUDES: AC power cord and HDMI cable
- COMPATIBILITY — Plug and play for all OS such as Windows & Mac OS for laptop connectivity (NOTE: USB-C, Thunderbolt 3-to-HDMI adapters required for 2016 MacBook Pros or later)
- RESPONSIBLY MADE — Save your wallet with an ENERGY STAR certified monitor that meets strict energy-efficiency guidelines and helps reduce your carbon footprint
- WARRANTY — One-year limited warranty with 24-hour, 7 days a week web support when shipped from and sold by Amazon (user manuals and drivers included)
7. Acer R240HY
This Acer R240Hy monitor has a 1920 x 1080 resolution on a 23.8″ Full HD IPS widescreen. Response time is 4ms, the refresh rate is 60 hertz, and the pixel pitch is 0.2745 millimeters. The viewing angle is 178 degrees, display colors are 16.7 million. The zero frame design ensures that the whole screen is visible from edge to edge.
From every viewing angle, the Acer R240HY 23.8″ IPS panel displays every aspect clearly and vividly without color differences. Its zero-frame style eliminates visual boundaries, while the brushed hairline finish stands out in every environment. It also has VGA, DVI, and HDMI inputs, so you can comfortably charge and enjoy your smartphone or tablet on a Full HD monitor.
If the picture isn’t clear, use the OSD menu to increase the brightness and contrast or restore the default settings. The brightness level is 250 nits. 25 watts of power are used during operation. Say goodbye to irritating screen flashing with Acer Flicker-less technology, and protect the eyes from eye-straining blue light with a blue light filter.
- 23.8" Full HD IPS widescreen with 1920 x 1080 resolution
- Response time: 4ms, refresh rate: 60 hertz, pixel pitch: 0.2745 millimeter. 178 degree wide viewing angle, display colors: 16.7 million
- The zero frame design provides maximum visibility of the screen from edge to edge
- Signal inputs: 1 x HDMI, 1 x DVI (withHDCP) & 1 x VGA. Does not support HDCP 2.2, the version this monitor supports is HDCP 1.4
- No picture visible using the OSD menu, adjust brightness and contrast to maximum or reset to their default settings. Brightness is 250 nit. Operating power consumption: 25 watts
- Monitor only, without speaker
Buyer’s Guide For Best Monitors Under 250 Dollars:
If you’re looking for a gaming monitor under $250, the demand is ideal. Anything with a high refresh rate or resolution used to sell for a lot of money. Some of yesterday’s big hitters are now midrange choices. Purchasing a gaming monitor is difficult, particularly if you are on a limited budget.
You don’t want to waste your money on a weak model. As a result, we’ve put together a buying guide that covers all of the important things to consider when selecting the Best monitors under 250 dollars.
1. Refresh Rate:
The refresh rate is indicated by the number next to Hertz (Hz). It calculates the number of frames the monitor will view per second by counting how many times the monitor refreshes the displayed image per second.
If possible, stop buying a monitor with a refresh rate of less than 75Hz. If you buy one with a high refresh rate, such as 144Hz or 240Hz, make sure the graphics processing unit (GPU) can handle the high frame rates. For most people, a refresh rate of 60 to 75 Hz is perfect.
2. Response Time:
The time it takes for a pixel to turn from black to white or between shades of grey is estimated in milliseconds (ms). The faster the response time, the smoother the camera motions would be. High response times, on the other hand, trigger motion blur and ghosting because the pixel doesn’t have enough time to change colors while the camera is moving rapidly.
Your performance would be faster if your response time is greater. You can use something faster than 8 milliseconds. The majority of gaming monitors have a response time of 1 to 4 milliseconds. Unless compared side by side, the gap between the two will easily go unnoticed.
3. Screen Size:
When looking for the best monitor under $250, the screen size is undoubtedly important. The diagonal dimension of a screen is used to determine its height. The screens on some monitors may be as large as 80 inches. However, anything more ergonomic beginning at 19 inches and finishing at 43 inches is preferable.
You’ll get low-quality resolution if you buy a monitor that’s less than 21 inches. It’s also worth noting that for a 1080p display, the optimal screen size is no more than 24”; otherwise, the low pixel density would result in a poor resolution. If you want a screen bigger than 27 inches, you’ll have to see it from a safe distance.
The price of the monitor will increase as its size increases. If the model has any extra features, such as backlighting technology or different degrees of a screen, the price would go up. The aspect ratio refers to the width of a monitor screen concerning its height.
Let us recall the old-school television sets that were made in the design of a square. They have a 4:3 aspect ratio. The distance and height of modern display resolutions are measured in pixels.
4. Panel Technology:
The material used to make the monitor screen is referred to as panel type. Newer models have LCD screens, of which there are only a few styles. A monitor that supports TN (twisted nematic), IPS (in-plane switching), or VA (vertical alignment) you should prefer. Each one has its own set of advantages and disadvantages. Choose an IPS screen if you want high visual output, bright colors, and improved viewing angles.
If you’re looking for a panel with quick response times, TNs are the best. If you don’t want long response times but still want the highest contrast and picture depth, VA panels are the best.
5. Adaptive Sync:
FreeSync and G-SYNC avoid screen tearing. If you’re on a budget, AMD FreeSync is the way to go. It does not increase the monitor’s base price in any way. Furthermore, it works for AMD graphics cards. NVIDIA G-SYNC adds about $150 to the base price of the display, has superior performance, and only deals with NVIDIA cards if money isn’t a problem.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. How much does a monitor cost?
Many monitors may be used as TV or movie screens as well as computer displays. Choosing the best LCD is largely determined by how users wish to use the product, whether for work, gaming, or watching movies. Costs on average: for around $100 to $200, you can get a good LCD monitor.
2. Curved or flat monitor: which is better?
Curved monitors use the three dimensions to their benefit. They also broaden the scope of peripheral vision. They are more pleasing to the eye, and they encourage you to see all at once without tiring your eyes.
They’re also easy on the eyes because they fit a particular eye’s normal curvature. On the other hand, flat monitors have a less immersive view because they don’t need the use of peripheral vision.
3. What is the maximum size of a computer monitor?
The scale you can choose is determined by how close you are looking at the screen. For screens smaller than 24 inches, the best resolution is 1920×1080. A disadvantage to using a larger 32-inch monitor is that you will need to turn your head to view around the screen, see UI features, the minimap, and other stuff. However, this could be beneficial to your eyes. If you’re gaming, I think 24″/27″ is perfect. 1440P for 27” and 4K for between the sizes of 27 and 32 inches.
We think you are turning towards one of the above ones now that you know how to pick the Best monitor under 250 dollars. If you’re still unsure, we’ll point you in the right direction by outlining some choices.
We like the HP 24mh FHD Monitor most because it has a lot of great features for a cheap price. First and foremost, thanks to its 1920 x 1080 at 75 Hz refresh rate, you’ll appreciate sharp images with no trailing or ghosting.