If you are playing PS4 and want to know how to use laptop as monitor for PS4? It may prove very useful if you are on the trip and don’t have access to a TV or other connected display.
Sometimes we don’t have a screen at home to play on because someone is watching TV, or your TV is getting fixed! Many gamers are wondering about how to use a laptop as a monitor for PS4 in these circumstances.
In this article, we will discuss how to connect PS4 to the laptop screen, how to use my laptop as a monitor for PS4 with HDMI, Using remote play, or using a capture card.
How To Use Laptop As Monitor For PS4:
1. How to Connect PS4 to Laptop Screen?
Can you use a laptop as a PS4 console monitor? If using the laptop just as a screen like a television, then you cannot use the laptop as a monitor. However, most laptops include an HDMI out connector, which allows the laptop to display its screen on other devices with an HDMI in port.
However, similar to the PSVita, you may technically play your PS4 on your laptop by installing PlayStation Remote Play and syncing it with your PS4. Keep in mind that a good internet connection is required so that there is minimal to no overall lag between the laptop and the PS4.
Someone has already turned on the television, and you’ve planned a game night with your buddies? That’s a nightmare, to sum it up. It’s the most annoying thing in the world not to be able to play on a gaming console when the TV is on.
However, due to modern technology, you can now connect your PS4 to your laptop as well. You may connect your PS4 to your laptop in different ways.
2. How to Use Laptop as a monitor for PS4 with HDMI?
Yes, you may connect your PS4 to your laptop’s HDMI connection and play games on the move. There are a few things you must do before you can finally sit back and enjoy your PS4 games on a laptop screen.
There are several methods for connecting a PS4 to a laptop screen through HDMI, but we found the following to be the most straightforward:
- Using PS4 Remote Play
- Using Capture Card
2.1. Using PS4 Remote Play:
It is the best solution if you want to play PS4 games on your laptop. Other than those possibilities, there’s no practical method to use a laptop as a PS4 display.
The items you’ll need to set up Remote Play are listed below.
- A Laptop,
- PS4 console
- USB cable
- A Ps4 Account
Follow these steps and learn how to play PS4 on a laptop without a Capture card:
- Install the Remote Play application on your Laptop.
- Go to Settings > PlayStation Network > Account Management after turning on your system.
- Activate the ‘Active as Primary PS4′ option.
- If your program isn’t up to date, you should update it from System Software Update.
- Now enable it in Settings > Remote Play Connection Settings.
- To use Remote Play on your Mac or PC, you must keep your console turned on.
- Go to the Settings menu then power-saving options. In Rest Mode, Set Available Features.
- Turning on the PS4 from the network is enabled.
- Open the Remote Play software that you downloaded to your laptop.
- For the best gameplay experience, go to Settings and adjust the screen resolution to your screen’s requirements.
- The higher your graphic settings are, the more powerful your desktop is.
- By pressing and holding the share and PlayStation buttons on your controller at the same time, you may connect your controller to your laptop.
- The controller will start to blink, and when it does, connect it to the computer via USB connection. It should only take 5 to 7 seconds, but if it takes longer than that, repeat this step.
- Simply open your Remote Play app on your laptop or MAC and log in using the credentials from your console. Otherwise, you won’t be able to connect your PS4 to your Laptop unless the console is turned on.
Now you know how to use the laptop as a monitor for PS4 without a capture card.
2.2. Use Laptop as Monitor with Capture Card:
If you’re having trouble connecting your PS4 console to a computer monitor through Remote Play, there’s still hope: you may use a Capture Card to play PS4 on a laptop screen via HDMI. A video capture device may be used to convert your laptop into a PS4 monitor. These are tiny devices that allow you to see and record information from your console on another device.
Video capture cards are mostly used to play or record console games via a Laptop; they are not suited for direct gaming due to the high input lag.
However, in some games, having a quick response time isn’t necessary, thus the delay is acceptable. You’d be able to play straight via the media capture window. The disadvantage is that video capture cards may be costly, and the performance isn’t always the best.
Here’s everything you’ll need to get started:
- PS4 Console.
- Connect your PS4 console to the internet wirelessly, or use Ethernet cables to connect your PC and console to the same router.
- File Sharing has been enabled (can be done through Network Settings on your PS4 console).
- Dual-Function HDMI.
- Video Capture Card.
- Using a USB connection, connect the Video Capture Card to your laptop and install it.
- Connect your video capture card to your PS4 console using an S-Video Connection cable. It’s easy to find at a local computer store.
- Connect the HDMI-in to the VCC and the HDMI-out to the Console.
- On your computer, start the Video Capture Card program and turn on the console.
- The appearance of your console will appear on the screen.
Now you learn how to use a laptop as a monitor for PS4 without Remote Play.
This article would summarize how to use a laptop as a PS4 monitor. We concluded that using a laptop as a monitor HDMI with a Remote Play and Capture card would be the best option. So, these are the two options available to you. These two approaches are not difficult to apply.